Providing Drug-Free Workplace Policy Consulting Nationwide
DISA Global Solutions, formerly Real Occupational Testing Services, is a state-of-the-art drug testing facility that provides development of Drug-Free Workplace policies for employers nationwide. Companies choose DISA because of our high level of commitment to personalized, knowledgeable and expert Drug-Free Workplace consulting services.
Drug-Free Workplace development and review services provided by DISA are affordable and accurate, with personal service that is fast, reliable, warm, friendly and professional.
Designing a Drug-Free Work Place Policy
If you are not under The US Dept. of Transportation Regulation authority, you have the ability to make your own decisions about how you would like to handle drug testing.
DISA can assist you in creating the best policy and procedure manual for your specific situation, which will be comprehensive but still easy to understand. We will advise you on how to ensure your written policies and procedures will comply with the federal, state, and local rules while still making them a viable solution for your company.
Among the many issues to consider include:
• Deciding what you will test for, when, and how often, according to need, risk, and cost-effectiveness. (For example, combining a urine drug and alcohol test is more cost-effective than doing a separate alcohol breath test and urine drug screen.)
• Knowing exactly how the testing will be done, and by whom. What the pros and cons are of in-house vs. lab testing.
• Stating who in the company will receive the confidential results and how the results will be filed.
• Complying with regulations on employee signature documentation.
• Outlining how a positive test result will be handled; types of disciplinary action vs. termination
• When to ask your TPA for guidance on training and drug testing policies, and for options of the best, most cost-effective way for your company to test.
DISA will help you craft a policy and procedure manual that is readable and accessible. This will create ease with getting management and owners all on board with the manual’s guidelines and mission.
A Word on Medical Marijuana and Drug Testing Panels
Because 2018 will bring into effect many new medical marijuana laws in several states, some employers are considering the removal of THC from their drug testing panels.
Not so fast! Substance abusers cause 5 times more accidents and injuries than their non-drug-using counterparts and statistics show that a percentage of workplace fatalities have involved substance abuse, not to mention the high percentage of accidents that lead to serious injury.
Any employer considering removing THC from their employee drug test should ask if they are willing to assume all responsibility and liability for accidents and serious injury that could occur in the course of the workday; especially a small business that might not be able to recover from these types of serious liabilities.
DISA advises that you inquire with your Workers Compensation carrier and any other insurance about what to include in your drug-testing panel prior to making any decisions.
Schedule Drug-Free Workplace Policy Consulting
Choose DISA to perform drug-free workplace policy consulting in order to ensure reliability, accuracy, and confidentiality while providing professional, friendly and respectful service equal to our expertise.
To schedule a consultation to develop a drug-free workplace policy for your company, please call us at 1-800-690-4362 today.